Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wondrous Works of God by Starr Meade


We will be using this wonderful book beginning in January as a devotional tool in our family! Yes, no question here, I definitely like this book!

This book is titled Wondrous Works of God and is written by Starr Meade, you can check it out here. It is a book of 90 stories from the Bible, chosen and used to show how Scripture points toward the coming of Christ and mankind's redemption. Stories such as Saul and Jonathan, Abram rescues Lot, Hannah Prays for a Son, David collects money for a temple, Jesus heals ten lepers, the Snakebite and the Shipwreck. Stories from both the Old Testament and the New Testament. Each chapter is written in such a lovely way, great to read aloud, and definitely will hold each person's attention. At the end of each chapter is an application section, with conversation starters or ideas for applying truths from the story in our lives.

I loved this book. I am so looking forward to its use in our family. I like that it is so user-friendly, great text and bright, kid-friendly pictures on most pages. I like the explanations of unfamiliar terminology. I like that the stories are not just the same ones found in many children's "Bibles" or Bible story books -- some are ones not even covered much in Sunday School lessons! I like the discussion/application at the end to continue the lesson. I like I like I like. . . :)

So--no surprise--I definitely recommend this book! What a great gift it would make! Why not purchase a few and use them as gifts for families whose homes you visit over the holidays, or for families in your neighborhood?

After seeing this book, I would next like to check out Starr Meade's earlier book, "Mighty Acts of God."



I was given a copy of this book by Crossway Books as a part of their Book Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment