Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Unending Devotion by Jody Hedlund


The book Unending Devotion is a Historical Fiction/Historical Romance type book by Jody Hedlund. I've not read other works by this author so I was not sure what to expect.

The book is the story of Lily, an orphan, who is now an adult, still with a responsible guardian, looking for her younger sister who whe suspects has been taken into the world of prostitution. This is her passion in life, to find her sister and make a home for them. The story follows Lily in part of this search and focuses on a romance between her and a lumber worker.

The story goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on. . .

If I had not promised to write a review for this book I don't think I would have continued past the first few chapters. It's very slooooooooooow moving and I really didn't feel like the characters were real people. Maybe because I'm not used to reading these historical fiction books, maybe because I don't usually read romances. I'm not sure why. It just wasn't my cup of tea. I wouldn't recommend it because I would not have even finished it if I had checked it out of the library.

I'm sure there are some who will love this book, just not my style.

I received a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment