Saturday, December 1, 2012

After You Drop Them Off by Jeramy and Jerusha Clark


The book entitled After You Drop Them Off is subtitled, "A parent's guide to student ministry," written by husband and wife team Jeramy and Jerusha Ann Clark. The authors speak from their own perspective as youth leaders on many topics related to youth ministry (like high school age youth.) The author writes on such topics as how to know what's going on in the youth group meetings/events, how to get to know the youth staff, how to best pray for your youth ministry, how to give constructive criticism to the youth director, etc.

To me the book wasn't anything surprising. I have children who will (sooner than I care to believe!) be entering the "youth group" age, so I thought maybe I ought to read this book. Well, truthfully, if I had not committed to review the book I might not have finished it. A lot of the information in this book seemed like just logical stuff, or maybe just normal courtesy. Yes, it was in the youth ministry setting, and the points made are valid, just nothing earth shattering :) I will qualify these comments by saying that I was a kid brought up in church/Christian school/Christian campyouth group and as an adult I've been involved in different capacities in the children's and youth ministries, so maybe I'm more familiar than some in the intended audience. Maybe to someone who doesn't know what youth group is would get a lot more out of this book than I.

So--I'll give my recommendation as this-- if you don't know a lot about youth groups/youth ministries, you may find this book to be helpful to you!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment