Saturday, December 1, 2012

Made in Heaven by Ray Comfort and Jeffrey Seto


FABULOUS BOOK!! Fun, enjoyable, timely read with great illustration! Okay, so I'm a bit of a science geek--I like science, experiments, reading Discover magazine. . .But even if I weren't, this book would be interesting to me!

Made in Heaven, Man's Indiscriminate Stealing of God's Amazing Design is a book of instances in which humans have copied God's design of something in nature to benefit society.

For instance: Velcro. That's a no-brainer, how many of us have had burdocks stuck to us as we walk through a field? Hmmm, burdocks/velcro -- ah, you can easily see how the inventor of velcro came about his inspiration!

The book is full of wonderful examples of natural things being used as patterns for manufactured items. Useful discoveries such as the lotus leaf leading to water repellant fabrics; shark skin leading to fast swimwear; and my family's favorite--the bombardier beetle (I'll let you read about that one yourself!)

My only criticism is that the way the book is made and the cover illustration, etc. make it look like it's a kids' book. It's not. Well, my kids did like it, but that was as I read it to them and we talked about it. I think this book is great for kids, older kids, and adults! It'd make a great book to set out on your coffee table or end table for browsing through!

Through the book it shows how the Great Designer (God) has made all this awesome stuff that humans are using to pattern things after. I didn't really like the subtitle (Man's indiscrimiate stealing of God's Amazing Design--that sounds pretty inflammatory to me), but don't let that keep you from reading it!

This book would also make a great gift for people of many different ages! The book concludes with a salvation message as well, so it's a great tool for spreading the Gospel as well.

I received a copy of this book from Master Books for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.


No comments:

Post a Comment