I decided to try something new~~and we are LOVING it!!
It's basically like cinnamon rolls, but with a different filling! Here's what I did:
1) make an easy dough: (here's my go-to recipe:) ~~ I doubled this recipe. Basically I just mix this all up in my KitchenAid and mix it on medium for 2 minutes. Turn off mixer and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
|My favorite pizza crust recipe -- I don't|
remember where I orignially got it.
2) Roll the dough out in a rectangular shape (a lot longer than wide)
3) Melt a stick of butter and mix in some minced garlic and enough parmesan cheese to make a paste. Spread this paste over the dough.
4) Cover with spinach, sausage (cooked and in small bits), and cooked peppers & onions if you wish.
5) Cover with a generous amount of mozzerella cheese.
6) Roll up like cinnamon rolls or jellyroll or however you want to describe it.
7) Cut the roll into 1 1/2 - 2 inch slices and place in cake pan with a little melted butter in the bottom (the double recipe actually filled two 9x13 pans--but I have 3 teenagers, so it was just enough for dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day!)
8) Brush with melted butter + garlic
9) Bake at 425F for 25 min or so until all the dough is cooked.
10) Take out of oven and let rest for 10 min or so to firm up the cheese a little bit.
|Doesn't this look delicious?!|
|With pepperoni and mushrooms!|
Well, go ahead and give it a try! It's super easy and super delicious! Just right for our pizza Monday nights!