Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Woman's Guide to Fasting by Lisa E Nelson


I'll start this review by saying that I have never fasted in the Biblical sense. So I am not writing as a person having experienced or tried the things in this book. This, however, did not keep me from understanding or enjoying this book about fasting.

The book is a very well-writen book about fasting, how to, why to, what to. There's no judgmental feel (like as if you haven't fasted you're in horrid disobedience to God) and no super-academic feel (like it's just theory, not proven practice). The author speaks regarding topics such as why should you fast? How do you know it's time you should fast? How do you know what kind of fast? (and if you don't know there are different types of fasts, she tells you that as well!)

She goes through spiritual reasons for fasting and speakes of the physical aspects of fasting. She gives clear step-by-step instructions for fasts of different lengths and types. All in all, it's a wonderfully written book on fasting. I would highly suggest reading it, whether you think you're interested in fasting or not. It's a down to earth book, written by someone who seems like she's talking to you as a friend, which increases the book's readability as well. I liked the book, for sure, and recommend it to you.

I received a copy of this book for free from the publisher for the purposes of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment