Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Couch to 5K ?? :)

I'm always very reluctant to join in with things I see as "fads". I've heard about this couch to 5k program for years and have finally decided to give it a try. I did find one with Christian music here and am currently on week 4. Truthfully I'm liking it! I have always hated running, and get overwhelmed with it. Or envious of people who are good runners (like my sister, who is training for a half marathon!) Or don't have the time/commitment.

So what do I like about this program? It's combo run/walk/run/walk with cues of when to run, when to walk. It's all organized/laid out for you, so you don't have to do the figuring out. And...it's just for up to 5K. 3 miles doesn't seem tooooo long, but when you're starting fresh with running--it's a good goal! :) seems attainable. AND I don't have to commit hours a day to it.

We'll see how it goes, if I follow through and become a runner! :) Truthfully, beginning a running program in Vermont in December may seem a bit unrealistic, but with long johns, gloves, hat/neckwarmer, etc. maybe I'll be able to enjoy it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment