Sunday, October 4, 2020

Grab-and-go breakfast/snack for husband!

 My husband usually has oatmeal or something like that very quickly in the morning before he goes to work. He leaves for work around 6:15, so by about 8:30 he is usually starving! I have started making these super-easy breakfast sandwiches for him on the weekend -- making 2 weeks worth and freezing them. He heats them up in a microwave, wrapping them in a paper towel first.

Here's what it is: just a waffle, an egg, and a sausage patty! 





Basically I just make waffles (5, so that 1/2 can make each sandwich), 10 sausage patties (which I get from Aldi's in a super inexpensive already-made frozen package), and ten eggs! For the eggs, I spray cooking spray inside of a wide lid canning jar ring and pop the egg inside of that ring. I add a little salt and pepper and break the yolk. This cooks up so nicely and in a nice round shape :) . I take the ring off and flip it for a quick cook on the second side and then assemble them!

                                        

So easy and convenient! (probably not super-healthy, but frankly, if he's going to want to go buy something at the convenience store or dunkin donuts or something--it's probalby just as healthy and definitely a LOT less expensive!

Give them a try!!

5 comments:

  1. hey, seems healthy to me! Sausage and egg on basically bread. Well done! Hope he doesn't grow tired of it. I should make that suggestion to my fellow. He'd probably like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss our waffle maker! This looks like a great idea to me. Something I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids would love these for mornings where we had to leave the house. I need to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to make these sorts of things all the time when my husband did the 6AM-6PM shift. Freezing ahead of time is a great way or saving time later and having that grab-and-go ability.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing for my husband only I just use english muffins. I have two waffle makers--I don't use either of them! My family prefers either pancakes or french toast.

    ReplyDelete