Saturday, September 9, 2017

Tomato pie again!

One of our favorite meals of the summer...Tomato Pie!  Just right when the garden is filling with those gorgeous delightful tomatoes!  

Have you ever had it?  It's so easy to make!

Here's what I do...slice up a bunch of tomatoes and let them set for a little while.  I put them in the collander so that they drain a bit.  

Put a pie crust into a pan (I just buy them...yup, lazy maybe, but it's why I can get these made!) and then pop the tomatoes into the crust.  Mix a little bit of chopped basil and a little salt in.  

Mix some (1/2 cup?) mayonnaise with some (1/4 cup?) parmesan cheese and spread this on top of the tomatoes.

Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or till the crust and mayo mixture is browned.  

Remove from oven and let it cool for 15 minutes or so until it solidifies a little.  (Sometimes it's a little soft still, but it's still delicious!) 


DELICIOUS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! That looks delicious. We love tomatoe pie too. The only thing I do different is use chopped tomatoes in which I saute with diced onion. I also add sharp cheddar cheese with the parmesan. I'll have to try using sliced tomatoes next time :)

    ReplyDelete