Sunday, December 8, 2013

Strait of Hormuz by Davis Bunn



International suspense, CIA-type intrigue, Christian publisher . . .sounds like a good book!

In the book "Strait of Hormuz" by Davis Bunn, the major character, Marc Royce, becomes involved in a story of international theft and murder, with possibilities of terrorism. He has a background with the State Department, and quickly jumps into this dangerous puzzle. Marc is a Christian, a Christ-follower and interacts with Christian Jewish folks as well. International Christian community is glimpsed at different stages of the story also.

It's a story of suspense and a bit of action. I think that the blurb on the back of the book hinted at maybe a bit more action than there actually is in the book. Not that it was bad, it WAS interesting, it just wasn't riveting, not the kind of book I'd stay up late to read.

I appreciate a Christian suspense/action book -- nice to not have all the bad language and sexual stuff -- but this one felt a little milder (a teeny bit boring?) than I thought it'd be. It wasn't bad, wasn't un-interesting, just didn't "grab" my interest. My husband is reading it right now, maybe he'll like it better, we'll see. I think it had a bit more human-interaction/relationship type stuff in it than I thought it would, but not enough for it to be classed any kind of a "romance" book.

Would I recommend it? Yes, I would -- some people might find it a bit more thrilling than I did. Don't get me wrong, I DID like this book, I think I was just expecting a little more.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment