Saturday, March 30, 2013

Outrageous Courage by K and J Vallotton



Outrageous Courage is the story of a woman who has chosen to serve God with all she is and all she has. Tracy Evans has gone from a searching girl to a woman who is following the Lord to the extreme. She has worked in cities in the US as well as in various countries around the world. She has learned how powerful God is and how He uses people for His glory.

The book follows Tracy as she goes from lonely confused teen through many stages of learning about God, choosing to follow Him, and living her life for Him. As a medical missionary she has been in many life-threatening circumstances, and has seen the Lord do remarkable things as well as seen many people come to Christ. The book is filled with so many reminders of God's faithfulness and how He can use any of us for his purposes. There were lots of great statements in the book, things like, "If we are to learn to love how He loves, we must be able to look beyond everything that has marred the person in front of us and see Jesus Himself." Another one was, "Sometimes His timeline for restoration does not make sense to us."

The book was not really "smooth" to follow -- a little bit disjointed and skippy, but I wouldn't not read it because of that. It also has some things that are theologically different from what I believe, but the book was a great picture of what surrender to God looks like.

I think I'd recommend this book to read, though it may not mesh exactly with my beliefs, I can see God giving me great reminders through it.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment