Thursday, July 21, 2011

Restless in Carolina by Tamara Leigh

This book was the first that I’ve read by this author, Tamara Leigh. It was a nice enjoyable easy read—nice Christian fiction with a little romance thrown in. The main character of the book, Bridget, is a young widow who owns a nursery, an opossum, and an old truck. Her family is, well. . .eccentric? Throughout the story she is seeking to assist her uncle in the sale of their family property for reasons which I won’t tell you here (don’t want to spoil anything for a future reader!) There are many other supporting characters who are developed to different degrees, but all add to the story.

This was a pleasant book to read, a bit predictable, but I like predictability for happy endings at least! There were so many characters entering and exiting the story that I thought maybe I would have understood it more easily had I read some of the other books in the series, nevertheless it’s a good read, even without that background.

I’d recommend this book as a nice easy quick read. Not deep, but good. A nice clean book, enjoyable and entertaining.

I received a copy of this book for free from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment