Short post on my quick project today! A bathing suit cover-up for my daughter. She found a huge (XXL) long sleeved t-shirt that she just loved at a rummage sale, but about fifteen of her could have fit into it. . .so it became transformed into a coverup! Here are the quick and easy steps. . .
The first step was to cut off the sleeves and neckline and stitch down the sides to make a tube shape (I used my serger)
Next I folded over (twice) the top of the "tube" and stitched in place, then inserted elastic.
Then came the waist. . .I measured to find out where the waist would go, then stitched in a piece of hem binding (could've used anything--just had this handy) and inserted skinny elastic
The last step was to make some shoulder straps--measured, made some, stitched them on, and voila!! Ready for summer fun!
(the straps are really the same size, they're just sitting funny in this pic--so they look like one's way bigger. It's not!!)