Friday, October 11, 2019

Calculus!

I am gaining a new appreciation for calculus, thanks to my homeschooled senior :)

I took calculus in college a million years ago, but without having taken the pre-calc, I was pretty much confused and mystified the entire semester.

Now I have a son who wants to learn calculus...so I'm learning right alongside him!  Well, two days ahead of him haha! :) So far, so good!

I love algebra, and this seems to be falling logically right there too!  Hopefully it will continue as the schoolyear continues!

I am, however, not used to having "homework" every day, haha! I wait till he's done with his work and then take the book to use (in all of my spare time--haha!! :) just kidding, I have no spare time...but carve out times!)  Lately my "go to" time for calculus has been when I'm in the car, waiting for one or two of the kids at an activity they're attending.






Would you sit in a car with a book light, learning to do calculus for your child?! :)

****Side note--I have been using Saxon Math books for my children since they were in 4th grade, and now that I'm using one myself, I really still say that I love the Saxon method. The repetition of concepts is really what cements them into the mind.  Yay Saxon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment