Friday, October 4, 2019

Best broccoli

I'm not a huge fan of broccoli (unless it is super fresh--i.e. we grew it in our garden) BUT that yummy broccoli salad that you've probably had at potlucks will always have me piling it on my plate!

I don't have a recipe, but have figured out how to replicate it. 

I just cut up clean (wash it!!) broccoli, about 4 cups,  mix in 1 cup of raisins,  1 large purple onion (cut into tiny pieces), and about 1/2 cup of crumbled bacon. For the dressing I make up a coleslaw-type dressing of mayonnaise (maybe 1 cup?) and sugar (1/2 cup or so) and vinegar (a little less than 1/4 cup). Whisk that all together and taste bbn it to make sure it tastes how you like it--add more of whatever ingredient you need to). Let the dressing sit for awhile to dissolve the sugar and then mix it into the salad mixture. 

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment