Thursday, November 1, 2018

Balancing Diapers and Deadlines -- my REVIEW


Are you a busy mom? Do you ever feel slightly harried or distracted? Do you wish you had the key that would calm everything down? (well, I don't actually think there is such a key, sorry!)  If so, you might be interested to check into this online course called Balancing Diapers and Deadlines produced by Lisa Tanner Writing.  Even though I do not have any children in diapers anymore, much of this course applies to my family; this is just a cutesy title, it doesn't mean it only applies to folks with babies and toddlers.  

Balancing Diapers and Deadlines

Let me tell you a little bit about this online course.  Do you think you might not have time for some kind of online course?  Well, you probably have time for this one!  Each unit is made up of multiple lessons which are text, not videos, so you can read through them.  The lessons are not lengthy and usually cover one topic, followed by an action step that you can take to put into practice what you have learned in the lesson.  

Topics covered relate to having a thriving family while you run a thriving business (my take on it!)  The author speaks from her own experience as an entrepreneur and a mother of eight children (and she homeschools, too!)  Her ideas are tested and perfected and are brought to you in a very easy-to-read set of lessons.  



So what kinds of lessons? Well, some of the things that she covers are such as: sleep, routines, flexibility, family, priorities, meal planning, cleaning, involving the family (children too) in your business, and much more.  She encourages the learner to move toward a life of priorotizing family as well as prioritizing your business.  Sounds good, right?

Well, here's the thing.  I don't have kids in diapers and I don't have a business.  Do you wonder if I got anything out of this course? YES!  I certainly did!  Honestly, it is not just focused on those two things, so don't get hung up on that!

The course is full of great ideas for any family, any mom.  We all struggle with different things, whether it be having clean dishes at the time that you need them for a meal or giving our children the time and focus that they need.  

Some of the lessons don't apply to me, in the phase of my life that I find myself in currently, but many did!  The lessons were so easy to read that I enjoyed reading all of them, even the ones that didn't clearly apply to me today.  (There were some that I read and thought, "Oh, I wish I had known/done that when my kids were younger!)  Of course not all of the ideas were new to me, as a matter of fact, many were not.  However, I was certainly reminded of some things and really encouraged to re-start some things that I had used previously and for one reason or another had let fall away.  

One was my meal plan.  Lisa's family has a yearly meal plan that they follow (!!!) Wow!  I'm not to the yearly level, but am working back toward a monthly meal plan.  I definitely agree that meal plans save money, time, and hassle!
We're back to having a monthly meal plan!
Another idea that struck home was having a plan. A plan for the day. A plan for the week. etc.  I also like the thought of a morning plan/routine and another evening plan/routine.  I have begun an evening plan to help me be more prepared for the next day.  I do intend to work on a morning plan as well.


Just like any "self-help" type of product, not everything applied to us, and not everything was something appealing to me.  I don't think it's intended that way.  Lisa Tanner doesn't want to run your life, she just wants to share the wisdom that she has built to help your household + business to run smoothly, healthily, joyfully.  

I enjoyed doing these lessons and will probably read through parts again.  If I had to pick something that I wished were different, I think I would say I wished that it was a book, a paper, hold-in-your-hands and write-in-with-a pencil type book (that's more my style).  However, it's not, and it is an easy-to use online course that even the busiest moms can find time to do (and it's not drudgery to read through--I'd bet you'll enjoy it!)

To read what other reviewers have to say about this online course Balancing Diapers and Deadlines, please click on the box below!



Balancing Diapers and Deadlines {Lisa Tanner Writing Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment