Sunday, April 29, 2018

Well, braces...


Wowee, well, now about 3 months into braces...phew! What an adjustment :) Pain, yes, weird chewing, yes, issues with my jaw, yes, and LOTS of food stuck in my teeth/braces all the time, haha!

Seriously, though, I'd posted before about needing braces (and their cost and a look at priorities) -- and honestly, 1/7 of the way through now--and it's fine.  It's a pain and a hassle, yes, but I know that it is for a clear purpose-- it will allow me to keep my teeth well into my much older years.  Without braces, my front teeth would keep chipping each other and I would probably have lost them sooner rather than later.  I am thankful that this is available to me :)

We teach our children about delayed gratification--I guess that this falls into that category as well.  So--in that vein, I need to remember not to complain but rather to remind myself to have thankfulness for the future blessing that this is bringing into my life.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 "in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."




Homeschool Review Crew Weekly Link Up

No comments:

Post a Comment