Sunday, October 22, 2017

Rummage Sales?

I LOVE rummage sales.  Well, I don't really love them, but I do enjoy clothing my family for 25 cents an item!  It's kind of a pain, yes, to go through piles and piles of used clothing (trying not to be icked-out about it!), looking for items that might possibly fit the kids, husband, or myself. It's a pain, but so well worth it!  So often we can find things that were originally very pricey, but now (gently used) can be enjoyed for a quarter! 


I also find lots of great fabric for different projects, including my felted wool mittens.  I DO have some standards as to what we purchase. . .has to be something that can be cleaned in washing machine or dishwasher...and some things are just not even considered. 

How about you ?  Do you participate in clothing recycling like this?  Or are you purely a buy-at-the-store-brand-new person? 

***true confession...if we had the money to dress in brand new stuff we probably would...rummage sales are not that fun, haha :)  BUT this appears to be one of the ways that God provides for our family, and for that I am thankful. :) :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment