Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Beauty of Believing (Faithgirlz!)



Another kids' devotional to review! This time I chose one that is in the age range of my youngest daughter. This book, The Beauty of Believing is in the Faithgirlz series and is made up of daily devotionals taken from earlier books by the following authors: Tasha Douglas, Mona Hodgson, Kristi Holl, Lois Walfrid Johnson, Allia Zobel Nolan, and Nancy Rue.

Each daily devotion begins with a Bible verse at the top of the page and then a story or explanatory narrative to illustrate the topic at hand. The next segment is "More to Explore" which is additional Bible passages to read that will go along with the topic. Next is "Girl Talk" which is an application section ("Can you think of a time when you. . .?" which includes self-reflection. The last segment is "God Talk" which is a prayer idea to guide a prayer focus for the day.

These devotionals are easy to read and easy to apply. I think they would be great either for a girl to use solo or with her parent(s). Each day has a different topic, some examples of topics include: loneliness, prayer, God's power, selfishness, your relationship with God, relationships with others, obedience, etc. The suggested age for this book is 8-12 (I believe) but I think it would be good also for a little older girls as well. My oldest is 14 and I can see her reading, enjoying, and learning through this book as well.

(side note -- my girls LOVE Nancy Rue books, so they are excited to have this devotional!)

I received this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment