Thursday, May 22, 2014

Out of the Depths by E and D Harrell



Out of the Depths is a book about the USS Indianapolis, its sinking, and its survivors. It's the story told by a Marine survivor, Mr. Harrell. It's a book about World War 2 and the horrors of war.

I did not really care for this book. I don't so much like reading about war, yet I tried this book, so take my review with a grain of salt :) My husband enjoys WW2 history and enjoyed this book. Truthfully I didn't even care for the writing style of the book -- I thought it seemed more like reading a transcript of someone's verbally telling their story to an audience, it was a bit choppy and just not what I would call well-written.

If you enjoy WW2 History, you might like to check this book out. It is another telling of the story of the Indianapolis, some of the things that perhaps led up to its tragedy, the horrific end to many of its servicemen, the amazing survival of some of them, the perhaps unjust treatment of some of them after survival, and more.

I did read this book in Kindle form, and there were many issues with that which made the book very difficult to read, hopefully by the time the book is officially released these issues will have been fixed.

I received a copy of this book for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment