Friday, May 24, 2013

Dandelions! :)

Ahhh, dandelions!! I am one of those people who likes dandelions in the lawn :) Truthfully, even before I used dandelions for anything, I just like the look of those yellow flowers dotting the green lawn :) Weird, I know. . .

THEN a few years I discovered dandelion jelly. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! The recipe I use is from prarielandherbs.com (HERE!) with the only difference that I process it in a boiling water bath, which is not in that recipe.

If you have never tasted dandelion jelly, it is delicious -- tasted quite a bit like honey, but with jelly consistency.

SO-- NOW !! I have just found and tried, just this afternoon, dandelion salve!! I found the directions/recipe for this HERE on thenerdyfarmwife.com (love that name!!) It was very easy to make -- just covered wilted dandelions with olive oil and heated it up for a couple of hours, strained it, added a little bit of beeswax, and voila!




And guess what?! Remember what I said the dandelion jelly tasted like? Well, the salve smells like honey!

I'm definitely going to make more of this and use it for gifts!! Check out the recipe, you may just be inspired to try some yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment