Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A RIver to Cross by Yvonne Harris


A River to Cross is a nice, light read, a historical fiction/romance by Yvonne Harris. I enjoyed reading this book, set in Texas in the late 1800’s. The main characters are a woman, Elizabeth, who has come to Texas to help run a newspaper and a tough Texas Ranger. As you can imagine, a love story emerges quickly amidst killing, kidnapping, political unrest, etc. I don’t want to give away pieces of the plot, so I’ll leave it at that.

And I do mean plot. The book is not “just” a love story—there is a definite story line that keeps a reader’s interest, the romance is kind of secondary. I’m not sure how historically correct it is, especially in a few instances, but the story remains entertaining. It is fiction, after all.

I’d recommend this book as an easy, fun read to enjoy!

I was given a copy of this book for free as part of Bethany House Publisher’s blogger review program. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment