Monday, December 7, 2020

Christmas Ornament Tradition

 



My Christmas tree is full of memories. When I was growing up, my grandparents had a tradition to give us grandchildren a Christmas tree ornament every year. Some years it was an ornament that they made, other years it was an ornament souvenir from a vacation that they had taken that year. 

Fast forward to me as an adult...I love looking at the ornaments and remembering different Christmases with my family, different adventures that my grandparents took. I love that my sisters' trees have these same ornaments on them...even in different states we are connected by these ornaments. 

My grandparents were amazing people who loved us so incredibly much. I love these ornaments and I love these memories.


5 comments:

  1. see... ornaments are a great family connection, so good to see here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the ornaments bring back so many memories1 I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have quite a few ornaments that were gifts from my grandparents as well as ones that I inherited from them when they died. You are right - so many great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do the same thing with our own family - a special ornament each year. A great set of memories.

    ReplyDelete