Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Lulled into laziness

Good habits are important.  Often we form these "good" habits purposefully.

On my honeymoon  over 20 years ago, I bought a bagel slicer (why? I don't actually remember!) Since then, we have always used it, just because it's an amazing way to keep from slicing yourself rather than the bagel!


Well, we moved to a new house (apartment) which is temporary,  about 3 months ago.  My son works at a bagel shop and brings extras home for us frequently, so we have bagels quite often  (yumm!) :) 

Our bagel slicer was not as convenient to find as it had been in our old home, so we have all just been slicing them with our sharp serrated knife and no bagel slicer guide. 

You know what's coming next,  right? 

Yup, I sliced off my fingertip last night. 

So we took the time, finally, to get that bagel slicing guide out to avoid future injuries.  We could have done it earlier, but frankly, it was just pure laziness on my part.

This has definitely caused me to reflect a little more on what other lazy things I have been doing  (or not doing) and will make the effort to do things appropriately. 

Lesson for the day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment