Friday, April 19, 2019

Good Friday

Today's gray skies seemed appropriate for the day we call "Good Friday."  This is the day we celebrate or remember that Jesus died on the cross to make the payment for our sins.  Do we celebrate it? Hmmmm... I guess it's more of a mindful remembrance (?). My 17 year old son asked today why we would even celebrate Good Friday. My response was something along the lines of, "We celebrate because this is the day that Jesus died for us, the day that allowed us entry into heaven." He countered with, "Well, isn't that why we celebrate Easter? To celebrate Jesus rising from the dead, having paid for our sins and giving us the opportunity to be saved?"  Well, yes also.  I think our celebration encompasses the full scenario--Jesus died and took the punishment for the sins that we have committed and will commit...and then he showed his power over death through rising from the grave.  It's a big story with a big meaning.

Today, tomorrow, Sunday...I am so thankful to have a Savior who died and took my punishment and allowed me to benefit from His payment for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment