Thursday, December 13, 2018

Meat grinding tip

'Tis the season (deer season) for grinding meat. I wanted to share a little tip with you...maybe it's something that everyone already does, but I didn't know about it and figured it out through years of grinding :)

When you're coming to the end of your meat chunks and have put the last bits into the grinder until the auger has finished pushing out ground meat...and you figure you're done, so take the grinder apart to clean it, you'll often find a good deal of meat left in the machine, unground. 

Here's how I make sure it all gets ground up--after all the meat pieces have been put into the hopper and are grinding, I follow them with a couple handfuls of already-ground meat, until all of the pieces have been ground through...then when I take it apart, the meat left in the auger parts is already ground and able to be added right in with the other ground meat. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment