Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Freehand Figure Drawing for Illustrators by David H Ross



Freehand Figure Drawing for Illustrators: Mastering the Art of Drawing from Memory by David H. Ross is a book filled with mini-lessons about different aspects of drawing human figures, kind of super hero-type drawing.

I really like this book, my daughter and son are using it to learn some tips. I really liked all the horizon and perspective lessons (using the quartered box as a guide section was nice). The chapters are entitled:

1. A Perspective Primer
2. Introducing the Glass Mannequin
3. The Standing Figure
4. The Walking and Running Figure
5. The Crouching, Sitting, and Reclining Figure
6. Drawing the Head
7. Drawing the Hands and Feet
8. The Skeleton
9. The Muscles
10. Dynamic Action

There are lessons about muscles, motion, different steps in motion, etc. The lines of balance, poses of different parts of the body, and on.

I'm not sure I'd say that I love this book, but I think it is a good tool. It's a very nice quality book and I think the mini-lessons are not intimidating and can add on to already existing art skills.

I received this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review, I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment