Monday, November 10, 2014

Crap Taxidermy by Kat Su



Silly silly book :) Although the title "Crap Taxidermy" is a bit ummmm. . .crass. . .(not a word that is allowed to be used in my home!!) this book is hilarious. I am married to a hunter/fisherman whose family are also avid sportsmen, so taxidermy is commonplace to see--on people's walls, etc. I don't think I've seen any specimens as odd as those featured in this book!

I'm not sure if these examples were a part of someone's learning curve or products that they were proud to complete, but you'll be laughing as you go through the book. The titles only enhance the pages.

This is a small book and will make a great gift for certain people. For instance, my bachelor brother-in-law will be receiving a copy of this for Christmas -- and I'm sure he'll enjoy it. It's kind of a coffee-table book, again, for certain audiences. Some people may be uncomfortable with it -- don't give them a copy!! There's even a section at the back to learn to do-it-yourself-- making a taxidermy mouse, if you are so inspired. At any rate, this will fit the bill for some of those hard-to-shop-for folks!

I received a copy of this book for the purpose of this review from Blogging for Books; I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment