Sunday, October 6, 2013

Don't Miss the Boat by Paul Taylor



I've always been a biologist at heart, and believing in the Biblical God, I believe in the worldwide flood of Noah's time, as stated in the Bible. Along with these two points, I enjoy hearing explanations about how the world today was possibly/probably molded by this Flood.

I was happy to get the chance to review this book, "Don't Miss the Boat" by Paul Taylor, published by Master Books. It looked like a nonfiction book I'd be happy to read. When I began reading the book, though, I was not so sure. . .I got really bogged down, distracted, and overwhelmed in the introduction and chapter 1. Too many subjects were touched upon, kind of randomly seeming, rabbit-trail style--I thought this might be a tough book to complete.

Happily, upon reading more and more, the chapters to come were much more interesting and stuck to the topics they were supposedly about. Chapters were about many topics relating to the Flood, combining Scripture with scientific observations and explanations. Theories about what might have happened during and after the flood were explored, supposition and guesses, but backed up with information from different sources. Topics included such things as ice ages, re-population of the earth, carbon dating, how the animals got to the ark and which animals did, and the biggie -- uniformitarianism and problems with that.

The end part were stories (fictional) which were written about 4 different people as it could be imagined they were in the pre-flood world. This part was interesting in the sense that it made it easier to visualize some of the things/thoughts/emotions and look at it from a different viewpoint.

So -- I would say that I would recommend this book -- BUT don't get bogged down/discouraged/put off by the first chapter! Just skip it if you want!!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment