Saturday, September 7, 2013

I Am Ruth: A Story of Loss, Love, & Redemption by Berg and Duff



The book I Am Ruth; A Story of Loss, Love, & Redemption is written by Brenda Duff and the photography is by Kenneth Berg. It is the book of Ruth from the Bible, illustrated and expanded.

When I first read about this book I wasn't too excited. I thought it was just a book with photos of people re-enacting the scenes from the book of Ruth from the Bible. Well, it IS that, partially, but even more, it is filled with explanations and expansions of information relevant to the book of Ruth.

Information such as how Lot and Abraham's story relates to that of Ruth and Naomi. Stories of other Biblical characters "Returning Home." Explanations of some of the traditions which are a part of the book of Ruth (Boaz's sandal, for one!)

All in all, I think this book was a nice help to read alongside the book of Ruth. Actually, the text of the book of Ruth is included in this book.

I would recommend this book as a gift or a study aid, or even as a homeschool book to use while studying the book of Ruth. My teenage daughter actually picked up this book and read it before me and really enjoyed it, so it appears that its appeal is pretty broad.

You can see more info about this book, including a video trailer here.

I received a copy of this book for free from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment