Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Praying Circles Around Your Children by Mark Batterson



I received a copy of this book from the publishers for the purpose of this review. Let me begin this review by saying that I have not read Batterson's book The Circle Maker on which this book is based. Maybe this is why I did not really "get" the concept of the circles, circling around, etc. As a matter of fact I kind of got hung up on all the references of circling.

The author gives many good reasons and ideas for praying for your children and although I definitely agree that praying for your children is vital, I just didn't care for this book. It's a nice short book, but there are many books out there that I prefer for ideas of how to pray for your children. Maybe someone who had read the Circle Maker would better understand and enjoy this book. At any rate, it does encourage us to pray for our children, which is a good theme.

I probably would not give this book as a gift or suggest it as a purchase.

The book on the publisher's website can be seen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment