Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cowboy candy!!!


Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

We had a huge crop of peppers this year -- lots of jalapenos and banana peppers and some othe hot ones that I got from my father in law -- little cute red and green round ones. Now, my family is not the fire-breathing-pepper loving type, and we had made salsa with lots of the peppers, but they just kept producing and producing!

So what to do with such a bounty? A few weeks ago I found this recipe for "cowboy candy" which is pretty much candied/pickled jalapenos. We tried making some and a few weeks following the canning we tried them and they are DELICIOUS!!! Not too crazy-hot, but hot and crisp.

So -- when we had to bring all the remaining things in from the garden before an overnight heavy freeze, we were set for lots more of this delicious use of peppers!


(by the way, in case you're wondering what I did with all that eggplant -- baba ganoush!! I'd never had it before, but it was such an easy recipe and DELICIOUS also -- we made lots and froze the extra. Here's the recipe we used for that -- here.

No comments:

Post a Comment