Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Perfect Lies by Jennifer Crow

There are many thoughts/feelings/emotions that seem to control our lives as human beings. Not just women, but men too. Some of those are valid, others are lies that Satan introduces to our minds and bodies at different spots in our lives.

This book by Jennifer Crow, Perfect Lies reminds us of those lies and of the fact that they ARE lies.

Lies such as
I must be perfect because my actions define who I am.

or
I must gain the acceptance of others because their opinion matters
most


or

I must indulge myself in order to be happy.

These are just a few of the lies the author "exposes" and illustrates. She is painfully honest in her recounting of these lies in her life and the roles they played in crumbling her physically, emotionally, and nearly spiritually.

BUT she also recounts how she has had TRUTH conquer these lies. Truth from God based in Scripture. She speaks of Meditative Prayer (meditating on Scripture and praying Scripture) and how it has transformed her life.

Big picture -- I thought it was a good, helpful book. I have a family member who wants to borrow and read it too. Some of her methods were maybe not quite for me (I am not really impacted by her "guided imagery" style) but the truths she used in turning away the lies Satan uses in our lives were definitely helpful.

I think this book could be very helpful to many different people who either admit or don't admit that they have problems with these lies :)

I received a copy of this book from Tyndale in exchange for this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment