Sunday, March 29, 2015

Worry Less So You Can Live More by Jane Rubietta



This book up for review is "Worry Less So You Can Live More" by Jane Rubietta, subtitled Surprising, Simple Ways to feel more peace, joy, and energy. I thought the title sounded very interesting, who doesn't have some worries that they could/should relinquish? It'd be helpful to gain some more ideas for abandoning worry and seeking joy and peace in Christ. SO I chose this book to review.

Well, I'm going to be blunt at the start and say that I was bored and a bit annoyed with the writing in this book. It's full of little vignettes from the author's life, stories that maybe show a point-- a bit disjointed, but all having something to do with worry. I can't really put my finger on what I didn't care for, but it was a drag to push myself to read this book. There's not a lot of Bible references and not many concrete suggestions. . .it's kind of flighty and ephemeral. I'm sure that some will love this type of book, but I just could not connect.

To be superficial, the cover is beautiful :) But that's not enough for me to recommend the book. Personally I had a hard time just reading the book. Hopefully it'll be helpful to some, but it really was not for me.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment