Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Harvest of Hope by Lauraine Snelling




Ahhh, just what I needed, a great easy read, entertaining, light, and happy :)

These oh-so-cold long days of winter get busy and whip by; I was happy to receive the book "A Harvest of Hope" by Lauraine Snelling to read. This book is number two in the Song of Blessing series (my review of book 1 is here.)

In this book, the same characters from book 1 appear. Miriam's mother has died in Chicago while she is doing her nursing classes in Blessing. Trygve realizes that he loves Miriam and wants to marry her (and his family enthusiastically approves.)

The "perfect" town of Blessing encounters some challenges, such as the stubborn/unscrupulous banker as well as a devastating fire. . .but I cannot say too much. I wouldn't want to give away all that occurs! There are happy things, positive advances, as well as slides into negativity. The same team of woman doctors/nurses are central to this book as the last--as is the big happy family feel of the community.

Again I will say that this town of Blessing appears to be an idealized town that most of us would love to live in!! :) It is set in an earlier time (early 1900's I think) and it is fun to read this book, you are taken in to the setting and characters' relationships. There are tears of sadness and loss and also tears of happiness and joy. There are positive character developments as well as negative.

All in all, it's a great book -- fun, easy, lighthearted (for the most part). I'd definitely recommend it for a great read, AND I look forward to the next book in the series!

I received a copy of this book for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment