Monday, March 16, 2015

10 Ultimate Truths Girls Should Know by Kari Kampakis



I have a teenaged girl, so books geared toward them are on the top of my reading list lately! Some of the books that are supposedly for young girls seem more directed at the mom or just a philosophical talk on topics -- but this one, 10 Ultimate Truths Girls Should Know, by Kari Kampakis, is written in a way that girls will like to read. As a matter of fact, my daughter started reading this before I had finished it (2 bookmarks!) and is enjoying it and wanted to know if she can have it for hers. Of course!

I think this book is a great book for teen girls. It speaks in an interesting way and teaches truths about God and Christian living, through the teen years. Some of the topics that are discussed are (from the table of contents), "Popularity, Confidence, Reputation, Interacting with Boys, Self-Worship, Perseverance, Patience, Image, Inner Beauty, and Self-Talk." The chapters include examples, Scripture, hints of how to live, and more. Each chapter ends with discussion questions that can be answered solo or used in a group setting.

One of the sections talks about interacting with boys and highlights ideas such as not bugging a boy (!!) by being pushy; purposes and suggestions for dating; and the question, "Who is the center of your universe?" Another segment talks about your reputation and the importance of what you do now. Friends, talents, oh--I loved the section on "You don't want to peak in high school"!

I like this book, and am glad that my daughter is reading it. It encourages pure living and unselfishness and kindness. It's up-to-date and timely and encourages girls in following Christ. I definitely recommend this book -- it'll make a great gift and would make a nice group study as well!

I received this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment