Sunday, March 29, 2015

Brave Girls Better Than Perfect



Brave Girls Better Than Perfect is a 90 (or so) day devotional for preteen girls. It has an eye-catching cover and I love the "brave girls" theme :)

I have a daughter who is 10, so we are constantly on the lookout for reading/devotional materials which will benefit her and be do-able for her. She took a look at this book already and asked when we could begin!

Reading through this book I like the themes and the way they are written. I did think the format was kind of weird and disjointed -- the different sections are SO different, almost look like they were separate books just mashed together with the same cover -- the different areas are: Truth Detectives, Bible Beauties and Beaus, Divine Design, Body Builders, Character Quest, and Mind Games.

Each of the daily devotions features a Bible verse(s), a narrative about the passage, and a suggested prayer. The format for each of the sections is different. My favorite was the first one, the Truth Detectives, where there is a lie (which we tell ourselves or hear from others) and the TRUTH (from God's Word).

As a mom, the different formats throughout the book are a bit of a turn-off, but honestly, for using with my daughter, they will not be a hindrance at all. There are many many topics touched upon in this devotion book and I look forward to reading it and discussing them with her!

YES, I will recommend this book and I would also suggest it as a gift for a preteen. It could be used with a parent or adult mentor or even on her own.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment