Thursday, March 5, 2015

Just Add Watercolor by Helen BIrch




Just Add Watercolor is a small book by Helen Birch, focusing on watercolor painting. It's a smallish book, a little smaller than a half sheet of paper. The one I have is a hardcover book, great and sturdy, easy to slip in a bag to read at your leisure!

I enjoyed this book. It is full of interesting information for someone who is a watercolor painter or someone just interested in giving it a try. Each double page features a piece of artwork with the facing page giving information about the artist and the technique, materials, and more. Different things highlighted are colors, different media, painting techniques, inspiration sources, and much much more. The paintings are vibrant and interesting (and highly varied!) and if you want to refer to one later, or find it later, you have only to flip to the front to this:




Check out this index! A visual index, complete with page numbers. I think this is a brilliant idea and addition to this book! Nice job!

I am not a painter, not an artist, but I do like to try new things! My children are also interested in this book, getting ideas of new things to try. I think this is a very interesting book. It shows such a breadth of watercolor art and inspires the reader to give the ideas a try! I would recommend this book -- to look through, to get ideas from, and even to use as a gift for someone!

Nice book! Thanks!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment