Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Real Win by Colt McCoy and Matt Carter



The Real Win, written by quarterback Colt McCoy and Matt Carter is a book written by men, for men! :) I got a chance to read and review this book and though I am not a man, I did enjoy it and recommend it to a male audience. My husband is already enjoying it, and he is not a big reader.

The book's authors focus on different topics of importance in a Christian man's life, such as your legacy, your role as spiritual leader in your home, being tempted, idolatry, trials, and others. They are topics that are relevant and important.

The way this book is written is using illustrations from the lives of the authors. They are little windows into their lives, which many people can identify with. They are not all illustrious, from little to large pictures of how we fail in our own strength, but how God can use us and grow us. There is Scripture and Scriptural principals used throughout the book, not just these men's ideas, but teaching from the Bible.

I think that one of the best aspects of this book, to me, is that it is very readable. What do I mean by that? It's not dry, trudge -through-it reading, but rather is written in an interesting fashion. This is a great way to teach. I would definitely recommend this book; it would also make a great gift for a man you know!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment