Monday, July 1, 2013

Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer



Another fun summer read :) This story by Karen Wietmeyer, Stealing the Preacher, is a fun Christian romance/adventure/western fiction book which makes a quick and easy enjoyable read. The "preacher" in the story, Crockett, is kidnapped and finds his calling and his new family. Jo, who has recently lost her mother, is searching for a leader for their church as well as for her father to come to know Christ. Jackson, a boy with a difficult home life, enters the story in important spots and endears himself to readers. I don't want to give away details, because the book is a fun read. It's filled with interesting characters who are deeper than they appear. The main plots are fun and original. The characters are ones you are interested to read more about and who you can identify with (at least with some of them!)

A few topics such as past hurts and forgiveness are dealt with in a sweet way. It's a nice easy fun read and I'd definitely recommend it! I have read one other of Witemeyer's books (Short-straw Bride) and I think I'll be looking for more of these to read! One thing I have to say -- you know the saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover" -- well, take that to heart. I don't know why the cover illustration was chosen, but it doesn't represent the book well at all (other than the pink dress with the brown underskirt).

I received a copy of this book for free from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment