Wednesday, December 18, 2013

An Amish Miracle by Beth Wiseman, Ruth Reid, and Mary Ellis




An Amish Miracle is a collection of three fiction stories of Amish life, written by three different authors. The great surprise is that they are all set in the same community, with intertwining characters!! I guess I didn't realize that until I was starting on the second story--it made the book even better!

The stories are about three different women in an Amish community, one who has given up a child for adoption when she was a teenager, one who struggles with young widow-hood, and one who struggles with self-image (in view of her weight). They are sweet stories, nice, clean, with happy endings :) They are definitely enjoyable to read!

If I had to choose, I think I'd say that "Always in My Heart" was my favorite of these three. This story revolved around Hope, who had a son years before she was married, and longs for some kind of peace about that. He returns in some sort to her life and. . . :) You didn't think I'd give it away, did you? :)

I don't want to tell much more about these stories, because I don't want to give the story away! :) I will say that I recommend this book. The individual stories in it are enjoyable, but even so much better in that they intersect. Give it a try! Pick up a copy and read and enjoy!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

1 comment: