Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Lie by Ken Ham


The Lie by Ken Ham is a book with the subtitle on the cover: THE LIE: Evolution/Millions of Years. Now, I'm not going to review the entire creation vs evolution debate. I personally believe in Biblical truth and creationism, so my theology is similar to this book's author. I WILL say that the book has good information in it for someone wanting to learn more about creationism and Biblical truth, as well as lots of supports and examples about creationism. Unfortunately I did find this book to be rather dry -- and I felt like I was reading through a series of essays, rather than one flowing thought. I had to make myself read it--but I'm not sure the author was looking for readability so much as for getting out his information. So -- it'd be worth it for you to read, but maybe not an easy/enjoyable read.

The content isn't just limited to the origins debate, but also touches on different topics which are affected by what you believe as origins/truth. Topics such as people groups, marriage, morality, etc.

I'd recommend this book because of the subject matter, though it is a bit tiresome to read through in entirety. Maybe just reading a chapter a week or every few days would've been easier. It's a book we'll probably keep and use again in the future.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review. More info about this book may be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment