Monday, December 11, 2017

Frustration and flexibility

 Frustration and flexibility.  Quite opposites!  I have been trying to teach my children to look for opportunities to be flexible when they encounter frustration. . .it's difficult, isn't it?  However, a planned approach might help, or at least a mindfulness.

This is something that not only my kids need to work on. I am also working on this :) The way my brain works, I can usually recognize that I am getting frustrated and stop for a moment to make a conscious decision of how I'll proceed (yes, I know that I'm weird that way.  I'm not really a person driven by emotions).  This verse is a good one for me to remember in my quest for flexibility rather than frustration:

Deuteronomy 31:8

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

A lot of frustration is rooted in fear or anxiety, this verse reminds us that when we have the Lord with and for us, we do not need these responses.  It's by HIS help, not my own doing. 





To see more blogs by homeschool families, please check them out here!

1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder especially as we are in the Holiday season.

    ReplyDelete