Saturday, July 15, 2017

Y is for Yesterday

Just yesterday I had babies and toddlers...now I have teenagers.  When the kids were younger, people would all the time say things like, "Just wait, you'll blink and they'll be grown!"  When you are in the midst of colic, potty training, and just basically kid wrangling that is just an odd sentiment.  When it feels like each day is soooooo long, it is hard to see that time is passing by.

Now I'm one of those people who look back and say, "Where did it go?"  I have always wanted to celebrate it all, even their growing up, and not muddle in the sentiments of wishing they were young again, but now...with one driving, one early-accepted for college, one with a job, one in Civil Air Patrol, one rebuilding motors, and more and more and more...sometimes I do wistfully think of the times when they WERE younger, sitting around with me without deadlines or schedules, playing and reading...

Big picture, though, I keep in mind the end goal of this whole adventure is to grow responsible adults...that's where we're heading and I'm so thankful for the blessings God has gifted us with!

No comments:

Post a Comment