Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate



First off -- THIS IS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE READ IN A LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG TIME!!!!!

Phew, got that out of my system! Honestly, The Story Keeper, by Lisa Wingate is an exceptionally wonderful book. It enfolds the stories of actually a few people, addressing things in lives that are emancipating in the end.

This is the story of a mountain girl with a tough past leaving her past, starting a "new" life, only to find it intersecting with her "old" life. The story of a lost manuscript which tells an amazing story from the past. The story of children and adults with no hope. The story of some with hope. I really do not want to give too much information about this book, because it is so wonderful to discover it for yourself in the pages of this book. I will tell you that it is about a book editor named Jen/Jennia and a journey she takes and a story she discovers.

This book is one that you are going to want to read and keep reading. It touches you emotionally and draws you right in to the multi-dramas. It brings up mental struggles in the reader as well, right vs just vs pragmatic, . . .and on.

I think this review is pretty cryptic, huh? :) I will say I really recommend this book. It is a fictional story, but definitely not fluffy :) It's also not hard to read -- you will want to fly right through it! Give it a try! Read it! I highly recommend it!

I received a copy of this book for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment