Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sisterchicks Do the Hula by Robin Jones Gunn



Sweet, fun, easy , enjoyable read :) So there!

I enjoyed reading Sisterchicks Do the Hula by Robin Jones Gunn. The story is sweet and happy :) and little bits of wisdom about life and God were sprinkled throughout!

It's a story about college roommates reuniting and taking the trip of a lifetime at the age of 40. They fly to Hawaii and spend a vacation together, experiencing different adventures. Throughout it all they work through some decisions/feelings and reinforce their need for and praise of God.

I think part of the draw of the story is the two ladies' relationship. Who doesn't think that rekindling a relationship with their college roommate would be so amazingly fun?! :)

The book has some funny parts, some sweet and tender parts, some historical Hawaiian info, and more. I would definitely recommend this book for a nice light read. I have read other books in the "sisterchick" series and have enjoyed them as well :) One thing, I kind of think the term "sisterchick" is weird, but, oh well, I can get past that!

So -- pick it up and give it a read! You may just enjoy the lighthearted feel or you may pick up a tidbit of wisdom along the way!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher as a part of the "Blogging for Books" program. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment