Wednesday, August 14, 2013

One Year Devos for Teen Girls from Tyndale Publishers



Are you looking for a great birthday or Christmas gift for a teen girl? Check out the One Year Devos for Teen Girls! This book, written by authors Dannah Gresh and Suzy Weibel, is a non-threatening way for a teen girl to be reminded of Scriptural truths every single day. With Dannah Gresh as an author, I knew before even going through it that I would like it!

The layout is that each day of the year has a Scripture, an explanation/narrative/challenge, and a question for personal reflection. Each day is one page, and it's written in an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand manner. The topics addressed are widely varied, but definitely in tune with today's issues. Some topics include forgiveness, poverty, self control, boys, integrity, persecution, sex, facebook, worship, family, the Bible, spiritual gifts, and many many more. There is NOT a place to write responses, and at first I thought that was something it was lacking, but as I thought about my own daughter, I know that she is not usually likely to write down her true thoughts/feelings of her heart in a place which her siblings could potentially discover! So, maybe this is good, giving them a chance to think through/process the message in the daily devotion at least mentally. If done with a parent or a group this "Action Step" at the end of each day could certainly spark some good discussion!

I also liked that the authors instruct the reader to just start on today's date and read the one for today. No pressure to begin on January 1st and no insinuation of failure if you happen to miss a day!

I would recommend this book. As a mom, it is great to have things that are relevant for daughters that they actually like to read :) I can definitely see this book as something that girls will enjoy reading and it'll give them Biblical truths, applied to their lives, to think on all day long. I think it might be a great mom/daughter devotional book as well!

I received a copy of this book from Tyndale Publishers for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment