Thursday, January 10, 2019

No more burns from the teapot!



Steam burns can be bad!  (Yes, I am speaking from experience!)  One of the weird things that I hurt myself on is steam from the teapot when I fill it up.  Now, maybe I'm alone in doing this, but basically whenever I use all the rest of the water in the teapot, I fill it up so that it will be ready to use the next time.  I usually do this when it's still hot, and the water steams right up, on my hand that's holding the teapot under the spigot.  

HOWEVER!  No more!  :) I've come up with a great way to not get burned (uhhh probably everybody already does this, but it's a lightning bolt moment for me!) 

Ready to hear what it is?

I hold the handle side downward and the spout side up!  Doing it this way the steam goes right up and instead of going onto my hand it goes up (kind of parallel to the water stream in the picture).  So my hand is in the downward quadrant and the steam rises up without burning me.  

Oh, so you already knew that?

Well, I didn't, so it's news to me!  

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment