Monday, March 5, 2018

Magic Stix Washable Markers -- my REVIEW

Markers! Everyone loves markers, right? :) These markers that we got to try out for review are called Magic Stix Washable Markers by The Pencil Grip, Inc.  and we were glad to get to experiment with them.

Magic Stix Washable Markers

The first thing we noticed about the markers is that they come in a nice sturdy heavy plastic case with a handle. Awesome!!  

The next thing is that there is a very wide array of colors, some traditional colors like red, green, blue, purple, black, and brown and other less-traditional colors like turquoise, moss green, gold, and various shades of pinks and purples and others.  These are fun colors!


The girls (17 year old and 13 year old) enjoyed using these markers and their variety of colors :) Here are some of their pictures:



Oh, and I had to give them a try (like my grasshopper diagram?! haha!)  Yes, I like them too :) They are nice and smooth to write with...and I love the name -- my kids always laugh at me because I call markers "magic markers" -- and these have the name "magic" in the title :) So funny!


Alright, so what do these markers have that is different from any other marker on the market?  Well, according to the label they have no odor (yes, that's true!), bright bold colors (as already mentioned!), and a vented safety cap (just in case, I suppose!).  The other claim on the label is that they "Won't dry out for 7 days with the cap off. Guaranteed."  Well, we didn't test this claim by keeping the cap off for a week, but basically the logic of having a vented cap would tell you that yes it doesn't dry out.  The other claim on the label is that they are washable.  We DID try this :)

My kids are older than the age of acidentally getting marker on their skin or the table (well, usually!) so my older daughter did a little experiment, marking on her skin and washing it.  Check out the pictures below:

First drew on her wrist

 
After one washing with soap and water

After first washing

scrubbing a second time

coming off better the second round

Some markings were still a teeny bit visible the next day after several washes.

So...for washability...ahhhh, kind of, not perfect, but you can definitely remove the marks from skin with soap and water.  My other daughter did an accidental test on the kitchen table, and it took quite a bit of scrubbing before it would come off most of the way (we have a formica table). Even weeks later, if you look close enough you can still see some of the marks on the table.  Not a big deal to me, but if you are concerned about that type of thing you might want to put something down before your child accidentally colors on the table.


SO what did I think overall?  We loved these markers.  There are great colors and they are nice and smooth.  I think the non-drying-out characteristics are probably one of my favorite traits of these markers. I think that they will be great for our family to use, and I think I actually might want to buy a few more sets to use these as gifts for some of my younger nieces, as well as for my daughter who's going to college next year! :)  Ooh, they'd be great for church too--so many different sets of people who would enjoy these high quality Magic Stix Washable Markers!



The Pencil Grip, Inc. is also allowing me to host a giveaway for a 24-pack of Magic Stix Washable Markers, just like I got to review!  If you'd like to enter this giveaway, please click on this ENTRY FORM 

To read more about how other homeschool families enjoyed these markers, please click on the link below:



Magic Stix Washable Markers {The Pencil Grip, Inc. Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer

6 comments:

  1. These markers look great! AC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work by your artists! I love that you tested the washablity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing how washable they really are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the giveaway winner, Kelly B! :) Enjoy the markers!

    ReplyDelete