Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Homemade Decadence by Joy the Baker (Joy Wilson)



Yummmmmmmmmm!!!!! That's my review of this book! :)

Oh, you wanted a little more information? Okay! This cookbook, entitled "Homemade Decadence" by Joy the Baker (aka Joy Wilson) is a gorgeous book to inspire you to satisfy your sweet tooth!

This book is a cookbook, and more. It's a cookbook that you'll want to read also. Interesting little snippets of information or entertainment by each recipe keep you reading!

Some cookbooks annoy me, this does not! :) One thing this book has is GORGEOUS photographs of each of the recipes. Not just the item, but beautiful plates and a pretty picture of the whole thing. Does that mean that your cake (or whatever) will look just like that? Probably not, but it's beautiful to look through!

The Recipes: here's where my pet peeves do not apply to this cookbook! The recipes are actual recipes, not made with cake mixes and canned fillings, etc. They're recipes made with ingredients. AND they are mostly regular ingredients that you would probably already have in your cupboards--not exotic ingredients which you will have to seek out and purchase particularly for only one recipe (some are more exotic than I have in my cupboard, but not most!)

Ohhhh--and the end products--I will easily admit that I have a big sweet tooth. We like to have dessert for every dinner. I never realized till I was an adult that not every family does have dessert every day, but we surely do in our family! The recipes in this book are mouth-watering, and better yet -- very do-able. Listen to some of these: peanut butter cream pie, apple pie with cheddar-bacon crust (!!!!), lemon poppyseed pancakes, maple-apple upside down cake, brown sugar cream cheese ice cream. and on and on!!

It's a great book. Obviously I like this cookbook. My children like it as well! :) Lots of tasty treats will be inspired by this book!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of this review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment